Please remember the following bullet points.
- It’s okay to ask people for help. You don’t always have to pretend that you have everything figured out.
- It’s okay to not have everything figured out. You know why? Because no one’s got it all figured out either.
- It’s okay to be honest about your feelings. People can’t help how you feel, and you don’t always have to hide it to avoid making them uncomfortable. It’s your feelings… therefore, they are valid.
- It’s okay to show weakness. Because that’s what makes you human. We’re all vulnerable and we have different ways of showing it, yours just happen to be through crying and turning your face into a giant tomato.
- It’s okay to be fed up. You don’t always have to bottle things up, or be strong for people. Don’t take too much pride in having an unlimited amount of patience. It will kill you slowly.
- It’s okay to try and then fail. It doesn’t mean that you’re stupid. It means you’re learning.
- It’s okay to feel embarrassed. It just reminds you that you’re not perfect and the concept of perfect is not real and it’s not the same for everyone. Don’t exhaust yourself achieving it.
- It’s okay to not be everyone’s favorite. Even if you’re aware that it’s naturally hard for people to dislike you (ha-ha!😉). You still have to remember that in this game called life, you don’t have to be friends with everyone you meet, and you don’t have to be friends with people you don’t necessarily like. You just have to work healthily with them. You’re in it to win it, just like them. You’re just lucky because right now, that you’re in a place wherein you’re surrounded with lots of love.
- And lastly, it’s okay to have bad days. Just because the word love exists, it doesn’t mean that rainy days and sad days don’t come with it. It comes with the territory. It’s not always patty cakes and endless circle of joy, giggles and candies. That’s not love if that was the case.
Making : A new playlist on Spotify. At least thinking of making a new one! (New Wave, probably)
Cooking : I re-heated a Krispy Kreme donut in the microwave. That counts, right?
Drinking : A good ole cup of Joe.
Reading : The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Wanting : More money in my account (don’t we all?)
Enjoying : This day. And it’s only 11:30 am! I can’t wait to go back to work today and see my loves (5pm)!
Listening : I’ve been listening to The Killers’ Direct Hits album a lot lately. I mean, I love them so much. My favorite song on repeat would have to be For Reasons Unknown.
Liking : Michael Phelp’s game face more and more. I was watching it last night and naturally, I had to take a picture of his face on our television screen. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, just Google it.
Loving : My booboo Wolfgang. He’s such a smart potato.
Bookmarking: A new planner. I don’t know if I’m going to get a Bando one again or go back to being a Moleskine girl? I would really love to have our kate spade planner, but it’s just too heavy!
Watching : The sunshine outside from my window.
Needing : A reply from my cousin so I could start harassing her on iMessage!!! Hahaha!
Smelling : None, really.
Wearing : My Love is Love shirt. Because I’m a firm believer that LOVE is LOVE.
Thinking : About the lil trip my brother and I had planned fro next week. Is it going to happen or nah?
Feeling : Really happy about how life is going right now. Thank you God! 🙂
(Inspired by: Keira Lennox)
“Must love decorating for holidays, mischief, kissing in cars, and wind chimes. no specific height, weight, hair color, or political affiliation required but would prefer a warm spirited non racist. cynics, critics, pessimists, and “stick in the muds” need not apply. voluptuous figures a plus. any similarity in look, mind set, or fashion sense to Mary Poppins, Claire Huxtable, snow white, or Elvira wholeheartedly welcomed. i am dubious of actresses, fellons and lesbians but don’t want to rule them out entirely. must be tolerant of whistling, tickle torture, James Taylor, and sleeping late. i have a slight limp, eerily soft hands, and a preternatural love of autumn. i once misinterpreted being called a coal-eyed dandy as a compliment when it was intended as an insult. i wiggle my feet in my sleep, am scared of the dark, and think the Muppets Christmas Carol is one of the greatest films of all time. all i want is butterfly kisses in the morning, peanut butter sandwiches shaped like a heart, and to make you smile until it hurts.”
-Matthew Gray Gubler, on his perfect woman.
Matthew, where you at tho?! I think it’s pretty fair to say that I’m saving what’s left of my life finding either a Matthew Gray Gubler knock-off or, finding MGG himself wherever he may be hahaha!
Been having way too much fun with social media lately. I’m especially loving Instagram’s Stories! BUT! I still love me some SnapChat! I save that app for when I do crazy, stupid things (refer to the flower crown selfie) like sending slow motion snaps and embarrassing selfies that I’m just not ready for everyone to see.
Also, two days ago, I mistakenly sent one of my embarrassing Snapchats to the wrong person. TALK ABOUT AWKWARD. But, c’est la vie. I brushed it off after shutting down mentally and freaking out for two seconds. 😂
- Watched some good ole Olympic games because that’s what adults do.
- Cooked myself a mean pot of instant Mac n’ Cheese because it defeats my whole philosophy on what Mac n’ Cheese should taste like. (Im really desperate)
- Continue reading The Goldfinch. I haven’t read a book in a while, so this should be an interesting activity.
- Listening to The Killers’ Direct Hits album on Spotify.
- Well now, I’m listening to Pretty Wings by Maxwell, but I’m pretty sure I’ll come back to listening to the Killers in a lil while.
- Spent an hour going crazy looking for my laptop charger. Like I dug through the trash crazy! (I’ve been known to throw stuff away sometimes without my knowledge) Newsflash: it was buried in my clothes.
- Played with my camera. Desperately needing a new profile pic.
- Thinking of convincing my older brother to go to downtown Pontiac with me to catch Pokemon.
Today I unearthed my old yearly planners and decided to stroll down memory lane. I wanted to see what my priorities were two to three years ago. I cracked open my 2014 planner and found this note that I wrote on the Address Book section (let’s be real, who still needs this section?).
I don’t exactly remember what made me write this note, what happened that made me feel the need to sit down and actually write a letter of affirmation to myself. I just know that I must’ve been feeling really down that day because it’s not a usual thing for me to physically write a letter.
Whatever it was that I was going through that one particular day, I am happy that I’m able to read this letter from years ago. I’m also happy that no matter how hard that day was for me, that I am here, I made it, and I don’t feel it nor do I remember the feeling anymore.
Also, who knew that I could be so inspirational?!
What a nice reminder, Duane from two years ago!
- What does a girl need to do to make Takoyaki appear out of the blue here?
- I wish I had the balls to use my phone without a protective case.
- Do I need Real Techniques brush or should I just be happy with I have?
- I really want some Takoyaki right about now.
- Why are my glasses taking so long to get here?
- Also, the Benefit powder that I purchased online. Where you guys at?
- My type of fun these days is tracking my packages.
- Is this really what adulting feels like?
- Happy First Anniversary to my Brother and his awesome wifey.
- One year ago today, I was in the Philippines having a ball.