Please remember the following bullet points.
- It’s okay to ask people for help. You don’t always have to pretend that you have everything figured out.
- It’s okay to not have everything figured out. You know why? Because no one’s got it all figured out either.
- It’s okay to be honest about your feelings. People can’t help how you feel, and you don’t always have to hide it to avoid making them uncomfortable. It’s your feelings… therefore, they are valid.
- It’s okay to show weakness. Because that’s what makes you human. We’re all vulnerable and we have different ways of showing it, yours just happen to be through crying and turning your face into a giant tomato.
- It’s okay to be fed up. You don’t always have to bottle things up, or be strong for people. Don’t take too much pride in having an unlimited amount of patience. It will kill you slowly.
- It’s okay to try and then fail. It doesn’t mean that you’re stupid. It means you’re learning.
- It’s okay to feel embarrassed. It just reminds you that you’re not perfect and the concept of perfect is not real and it’s not the same for everyone. Don’t exhaust yourself achieving it.
- It’s okay to not be everyone’s favorite. Even if you’re aware that it’s naturally hard for people to dislike you (ha-ha!😉). You still have to remember that in this game called life, you don’t have to be friends with everyone you meet, and you don’t have to be friends with people you don’t necessarily like. You just have to work healthily with them. You’re in it to win it, just like them. You’re just lucky because right now, that you’re in a place wherein you’re surrounded with lots of love.
- And lastly, it’s okay to have bad days. Just because the word love exists, it doesn’t mean that rainy days and sad days don’t come with it. It comes with the territory. It’s not always patty cakes and endless circle of joy, giggles and candies. That’s not love if that was the case.